Sunday, May 15, 2011

GeeCON Community Day (Saturday 14th May)

Conference organizers planned Community day a informal meet-up for developers. But there still was some presentations.

1. Anton Arhipov "Binary patching of Java classes for fun (and profit)"

I've missed Anton's presentation on the Conference Day II, so I visited another one on the Community Day. There were not so many people out there we could freely talk and ask questions. Anton explained how the code transformer works and the Java built-in tools. Than some examples of JavaAssist from JBoss and than the JRebel examples. I decided to try free 3-month license for the conference attendees. I hope that Anton will have time to present in Ukraine.

2. Piotr Dziubecki "Miing Groovy, Java and BlazeDs/Flex in HPC portals"

I've missed the word "portal" in the presentation title. Just wanted to hear about Groovy and BlaseDS + Java mix. Nevertheless guys presented their framework to build portlets for Hign Performace Portals. The technology stack is described. Some interesting ideas but generally  - not my field of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment